This is glorious in spring and summer. Fresh and zesty. But really you can eat it year round. I call it Spring’s Coming Salsa.
cutting board & knife
- 4 med tomatoes (diced)
- 2 oranges (peel, remove pith, seed, section, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 cups bite sized cubed papaya
- 1/2 cup chopped raw nuts (whatever you like, but no salt or oil)
- 2 green onions, diced (1/2 cup red onions substitute nicely)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, mince
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove (press juice or if you love garlic mince)
- 3/4 tsp fresh ginger (peel, grate)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Fold all ingredients into a large bowl
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving (if you can wait)
Fold all ingredients into a large bowl
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving (if you can wait)
Traditional oil fried chips are about 50% more calories. Yikes! Who needs that when you can have chips that are crunchy and Salt-Oil free. Think about it, technically you can eat about 5x the amount of chips and salsa to equal the fat. Is that a game changer or what? Try these Plant Based Chips at ~10-11% fat. I make these in mass and store them in air tight containers.
In the heat of summer add 1/2 cup ripe pineapple. It’s like a tropical vacation in your mouth.
This salsa is great on potatoes or put in a lettuce wrap with some tofu.