In 2021-2022 we became grandparents for the first, second and third time. Three little ones … all within 13 months of each other. Whew! It is pretty cool to see them interact, watch them grow and give them these Mini Muffins that fit perfectly in their little hands. I love them too!
What You’ll Need
- 8 ripe bananas
- 1 Cup unsweet non-dairy milk (Oat is my preference, creamy!)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Pureed Apple (substitutions: blackberries, peaches)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 C Blueberries (optional)
- 4 C Oats (whole, not instant)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add bananas into mixer on low speed and puree.
- Add non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and apple sauce to blender. Mix.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until just blended.
- Add Oats, 1 cup at a time until mix can be dropped easily from a spoon. Should NOT be super wet.
- Hand stir in blue berries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Toothpick will NOT come out completely clean.
I don’t have apple sauce in my pantry as a stable cuz I’d rather eat the apple. You could also use unsweetened apple sauce. So when making these little delights, I’ll put an apple (with peel, no core, sliced) in the food processes and blitz it. If I’m feeling unmotivated to blitz an apple, two other fruits can be substituted easily: Option 1: Add 8-10 blackberries for the apple. The blender on low will mix them just enough to break them up but leave some of the individual berries whole. Option 2 is to blitz a peach which is especially yummy in summer. Peaches have more moisture than apples so you may need to add additional oats.
Makes about 50-55 mini muffins. Nutrition info is for the mini muffin. Donut is approx 3 mini’s.