When acorn squash are in season this is a great way to enjoy them!
- Bowl 1 (large)
- ¼ cup Grand Reserve balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 medium acorn squash; halved, seeds removed, and cut into ¾-inch slices
- Bowl 2 (smaller)
- ¼ cup Ezekiel whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- teaspoon Benson Table Tasty (optional, salt alternative)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
In Bowl 1 stir together vinegar and rosemary. Add squash; toss to coat. Transfer squash to the prepared baking sheet; reserve any vinegar mixture left in bowl. Roast squash about 30 minutes or until tender.
In Bowl 2 stir together the remaining ingredients.
Transfer roasted squash to bowl one with reserved vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Add bowl 2 contents (bread crumb mixture) into bowl one and toss to coat evenly.
Return squash to baking sheet again. Bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until coating is crisp. Serve immediately.