If you love sushi I hope this hits the spot. Easy to make and a fun “weekend” recipe. When I’m in a hurry, I tear the Nori (cuz who needs fancy) into bite sized squares and throw the whole thing into a bowl.
- 2 Cups cooked brown (or white) rice (cold!)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cucumber sliced (small strips)
- 1/2 C shredded carrots
- 1 C greens (romaine, spinach, etc)
- 1 stalk celery sliced (small strips)
- 1/2 block tofu (extra firm is best, firm works) – optional
- 2 sheets Nori
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (for dipping)
- Cut tofu into strips. Sauté in pan on medium heat under a crust just starts to form. Better yet air fry for 10 minutes or less and you’ll get great crunch on the outside, soft on the inside. Let tofu cool. Takes only a few minutes
- Lay out nori sheets and spread rice evenly very thin.
- Mash up avocado. Spread 1/2 on each sheet.
- Lay greens onto sheet.
- Add veggies. Don’t over fill.
- Roll up.
- Cut into sushi slices, about 1″ each
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Coconut amino is your dipping sauce.
Helpful Things To Know
- If you use greens that have a fibrous stem, remove. It may tear the nori when you try to roll. Course if your doing the bowl method, tear up the green and leave in that stem.
- Let rice completely cool. If you don’t the nori can rip when rolling and it’s less of a “sea” flavor” in the nori.
- You’ll have extra ingredients, make into a sushi bowl.
- Modified to my liking. Original recipe from High Carb Hannah