Once you try these French Fries, the processed version cooked in oil and loaded with salt will never call your name again. Heck yeah, you can eat french fries!
- 4 medium pre-steamed russet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- pepper, to taste
- Benson’s Table Taste, to taste
- 2 Cups steamed Greens
- Optional Sauce
- 2 Dates, soaked in hot water
- 3 Tbsp mustard
- Preheat Oven to 420 degrees.
- Cut cooled pre-steamed potatoes into fries. You pick the style (e.g. wedges, regular, shoestring)
- Add garlic and onion powder.
- Add Pepper and Table Taste, to your preference.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The thinner the cut, the shorter the cook time.
- Use blender to mix date and mustard into a sauce.
- Steam greens.
- Place fries over the steamed greens. Drizzle with sauce.
Helpful Things To Know
- Potatoes: Preferably the day before, steam your potatoes whole for 15 minutes. Place in fridge over night to cool.
- Sauce: Dates can be replaced 1:1 with Maple Syrup. I prefer the dates as you get the fiber, minerals and vitamins with the tangy sweet.
- Salt: Benson’s Table Taste is a salt alternative that is made exclusively from veggies and herbs. Table Taste is plain (like salt) and they have a bunch of flavor mixes that are great seasonings for all sort of recipes … and can spice up your fries too!
- Modified to my liking. Original recipe from High Carb Hannah