Encouraging Your Spirit
YOU ARE NEVER WITHOUT. Gift your digestion with relaxation. Fasting will hush the noise and rebuild your walls. Walls of self-control for your mind. Walls of tranquility for your spirit. Walls of rejuvenation for your cells. Walls of protection for your longevity. Fasting, my beloved, is not going without. That concept is misguided. Fasting, is giving your spirit and body space and rest. Enter into My rest.
It’s not good to eat too much honey, and it’s not good to seek honors for yourself. A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls. Proverbs 25.27
God, today I invite You to unveil cessation from food for what it really is: a vacation that builds my life and internal walls. In this quiet moment, bring to mind a number of hours that I can start with and do daily for the next seven days**. I’m listening Lord. A siesta from food. An intermission from my body being in work mode. Jesus, build my walls. In Your Name, Amen
Encouraging Your Journey Links
- Fasting for Health & Healing. Dr Joel Fuhrman, MD. (3 min)
- 8 Benefits of Intermittent Fasting. Dr. Arpitha Komanapalli (6 min)
- Intermittent Fasting Techniques Cynthia Thurlow, RN & Nutritional Practitioner (12 minutes) ***
- Fasting: Rejuvenating from Within Valter Longo, PhD USC Longevity Institute. (19 minutes)
- Song: Blessings I Can’t See by Building 429
** Intermittent Fasting recommended. A window of 12 hours to 16 hours a day without food. For example, I use 16/8 daily. 16 hours of nothing but water or non-sweetened tea from 3:30pm to 7:30am (16 hrs) . I eat whole food, plant based (WFPB) caloric dense foods til satiated between 7:30am and 3:30pm (8 hrs) each day.
*** Comments to eat fat (animal and vegetable) are behind scientifically. I choose to ignore.